Sunday 17 October 2010

Case study

Aaargh, I have been told that I cannot use the journalist as a case study! Serves me right for not having a backup plan. I will still use him as a source alongside the case study anyway as having spoken to him on the phone, he made some very interesting observations about the practice which I think are worth looking into, so I intend to meet up with him for a chat.

Have contacted the editors at some of the local papers and am awaiting a response from them. My first port of call was going to be the Manchester Evening News but I have been advised that they are not always very forthcoming when it comes to helping students, though I suppose this is mainly because they get inundated with calls. Ironically enough, one of the local papers is owned by them, so I ended up having to get in touch with the picture editor there anyway. I can only try, but hopefully he will be able to put me in touch with someone who can help me.

I have also been checking out local photojournalists on the web and many of them seem to be wedding photographers as well, or perhaps more accurately wedding photojournalists though I think that it is more descriptive of documentary style wedding photography where a more natural than posed style of photography is adopted. I am not really interesting in the wedding photography but I certainly won't dismiss it entirely as yet. It is always safe to have a backup plan anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment