Monday 6 December 2010

Editorial photography

On the advise of my tutor, I am looking at editorial photography as he feels that is probably the genre of photography I should be gearing myself towards for the future. I knew that my chosen subject areas in the field were varied and I appreciated the guidance, as I was a little clueless as to where I wanted to go, I just knew what I liked. Editorial photography is described as photography used to illustrate a story or idea within the context of a magazine and I can see now from comparing editorial work to my own my work, that it is an area I should definitely consider. I looked on the internet and found several photographer's websites, some of whom I have highlighted below.
 

Ivan Terestchenko

Born in England and educated in France, Terestchenko was a painter until the age of 30 when he became a photographer and landed an assignment with French Vogue. He regularly contributes to many international publications, including Italian Vogue and World of Interiors. He also photographed The Private World of Ives Saint Laurent and Pierre Berge. He rarely shows his work in public but four of his large scale black and white prints are exhibited in the Musée du Louvre.
© Ivan Terestchenko


Andrea Massari
Brought up in Brazil though Italian, Massari trained as a painter but also works as a photographer. Influenced by Sieff and Avedon, he likes to photograph nature and the simpler aspects of life.
© Andrea Massari
 

Silke Mayer

Mayer was born in Germany and attended art school in Berlin. She worked as a photo assistant in Germany and NYC, for Hans Gissinger, Ken Shung and Terry Niefield and has done photography assignments for magazines such as TimeOut - New York, Elle, Gourmet, Instyle magazine and Toshiba. She also works on photo art and documentary video projects and is inspired by Irving Penn. 
 
© Silke Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment